Thursday, February 21, 2008

Making your own MVC

Ruby on Rail have something I want in ASP.NET: A decent MVC framework and database migrations. All is automated and implemented in code, which means it's easy to check in into your source control system.

I am a problem solver, and I like to build things. So I thought, how hard can it be to build these things? Mind you, I aim for the simplistic solution, not the complete framework. My goal of this exercise is to learn.

Here are the things I'd like:
  • A database migration system coded in C#.
  • An MVC framework following the MonoRail approach.
  • Keep WebForms as my view engine.
  • Apply principles from Domain Driven Design.
  • Post my experiences as I go
I also feel the need to explain why I just don't pick some existing framework and move on from there:

No comments: